I have been waiting for a week, two weeks maybe to post that I started this blog. I guess I have waited because we haven't officially done anything with LDS Family Services because we can't until next month when Roman turns one. I think part of it is that I am scared. I feel like I am jumping off a cliff again. I can't tell if there is a bottom, and it's scary. I feel so much different than I did the first time though. The first time I didn't know what to expect. This time I do (a tiny bit, even though it can be so different every time). Last time I was scared to tell anyone that we were adopting, this time I want everyone who will listen to know! I am also scared that I won't know what to do with TWO children. I know that if it is supposed to happen, it will, I was scared how I would handle one, Heavenly Father really has taken care of our family!
We had originally planned to wait until Roman was 18 months old to turn in adoption paperwork for a second adoption. I love where we are at. I love watching Roman grow and learn things, and I was content to wait. Unfortunately, after a few weeks of this gnawing feeling, I finally talked to Spencer and he had the same feeling. We need to get things started again. Why? We don't know! For all we know it could take 3 years again, but we know that we are doing everything that we can and it's out of our hands. We know that Heavenly Father has a plan for our family, and we are doing what he asked us to do, and he will take care of us. (Please someone remind me of this when I get worried about this all later!)
So if any of you out there know of anyone who is thinking of placing a baby for adoption, or if you feel like posting a box on your blog so others can see our information. We won't have anything done officially for probably a month and a half but I have had this feeling all day that says "get with the program, you have the blog done (mostly), get it posted!" So here's to following promptings, or the spirit, or whatever this may be. I am sure my stomach will be in knots now for weeks because I made the jump but like I said, we are just doing what we can and leaving the rest in the Lord's hands!
May 30, 2008
Huge breath and even bigger leap of faith!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Good luck! That is so exciting. Our second adoption was so different than our first. We went private the 2nd time around and it was just as wonderful. I love your blog, it makes me cry every time! Adoption has such a tender spot in my heart. It made me a Mom! Thanks for all the tenderness and straightforwardness that you share.
That's so neat Wendy!! I'm happy for you! When it feels like it's time- it's time :) Good luck with it all. Don't be worried about having a second kid- if I can do it- anyone can- the Lord has his ways of making things work out! I'm so happy for you guys though- how exciting!
can i put your blog on our fsa blog for hoping to adopt? (salt lake fsa)
BigAl - I would be happy to have you post our blog on the Salt Lake FSA blog. I didn't know how to respond to you. I will also leave a comment on that blog for you. Thank you for your help!
Oh Wendy, I am so excited for you! You and Spencer are such great parents. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
Wendy,
You don't know me but my name is Tiffany. I was on Nicola Marshall's blog and your adoption blog caught my eye. We have adopted 2 angels of our own! I loved reading about your experience with Roman... I hope you don't mind! :) I also LOVED the video from utube! I cried and cried! :) Good luck on your second adoption! It is definitely LEAP of faith! Your little Roman is adorable! Our blog is The Three Musketeers... I need to change it! Our little girl is 6 weeks old and we now have 4! But, you are welcome to check us out! Tiffany
Wendy, good luck with your next adoption! I love reading your blogs, and seeing how big Roman is getting.
Thank you for being so open about your life!
Wendy, this is Miriam Bair(Printy)
I have been reading your blog for more than an hour and I've been so touched by your story. I can see now why heavenly father has us share our experiences with eachother. It helps us to have better understanding, empathy and love for others. Thank you for sharing your sweet story with me.
Wendy, I don't know if you remember me, I am Julie Wesemann..used to be Julie Bryant, we hung out a bit in high school. My husband and I have been foster parents for a year and a half, and just adopted our 2nd. We have a 4yr old boy- he came to us Jan 07, and we just adopted a 9 mo old. She has been with us since she was 3 months. It has been a journey, but we are so thankful. I wanted to tell you congrats, and hang in there. You will be blessed.
Post a Comment