Last Wednesday we had our homestudy so now we are just waiting for the word from the agency that we are officially waiting (Finding).
It has been so much easier for me to go through to motions of getting everything ready this time because I knew what to expect. It was not stepping out into the unknown. We knew that we had interviews, questionnaires, physicals, background checks, and homestudy. It was so much easier, and I was so much more at ease.
I have been amazed the peace that has come over me the past few months that this is all in the Lord's hands. I know that if it were up to me, I wouldn't be able to do this, but with God I have learned that anything is possible.
I know that as I was talking about our last adoption I mentioned that LDS Family Services encourages families to find their birthmother. Right now there are so many more adoptive couples than birthmothers in Utah. Last time I heard it was something like 7 adoptive couples to each birthmother. This means that every couple needs to be proactive.
How can we be proactive you ask? That's where you (anyone, everyone) can help! If you know of a birthmother who may be interested in placing her child for adoption or just wants more information about her options before making a decision, please have her call LDS Family Services and ask for an appointment with one of the social workers. If she is interested, she can learn more about us by viewing our adoption blog at http://www.spencerandwendy.blogspot.com/.
We are excited to welcome a new member to our family! Thanks for all the support that you have all given us! We are anxious to embark on this new adventure!
September 9, 2008
We have taken the leap, just waiting for the offical approval!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray for you!!! You guys are such awesome parents! I plan to email your profile to some friends to help get the word out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you...not that you need it since Heavenly Father is in charge of it all. :)
Good LUCK!! We pray that the waiting goes quickly for your sweet family!! :)
Good luck! I know the right little angel will come to your family when it's his/her time!
Post a Comment