What can I say
Where are the words
To share the love we feel
This little boy
Our pride and joy
Our love for him is real
That sweet sweet smile
The crazy shrills
He makes our life so full
He came to us by other means
He found our hearts and whispered hope
And peace to his special mom
She held him close
And kissed his head
Then lovingly she said
"Take care of him
I love him so
Be sure he always knows."
She placed him in our loving arms
And helped us with our dreams
She gave us hope and love and joy, she gave us everything.
To love, To hold
To watch him grow
We share it all with her.
To see him growing
To watch him learn
The wonderment he brings.

May 9, 2009
Happy Birth Mother's Day Katie
Posted by Wendy at 8:15 AM
Labels: Birth Mother's Day, Birthmother
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yesterday marked the 18th year I've been "trying" to get pregnant. I have been blessed to raise two wonderful kids from my husband's first marriage but the ache inside for a child of my own has never ceased. Katie, I cannot ever tell you how proud of you I am for the decision you made for Roman. What amazing strength and courage! Him and his family are so blessed by your choices. When I first heard that you had found a home for your baby I must admit that a pang of jealousy ran through me for the family who would be adopting him but I can see that you, through the guidance of our Father in Heaven, have definitely made the right choice! What a great family he has. Their love for him is amazing. You are ALL amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your stories online for others to read.
Blessings,
Nikki Ritter
(Katie's old Seminary Teacher)
This is Leslie from MOT's. That poem was amazing and so touching! I've never seen an adoption like yours and it just has me in awe. What a win-win situation for all. What wonderful people you all are!
Post a Comment