The day before Mother's day is Birth Mother's day. I like that it's a separate day. I like that it's always on a Saturday, it gives us a chance to think about Roman's sweet birth mother without the craziness of Sunday, Mother's day (and a lot of years we celebrate Spencer's birthday on Mother's day too.)
We think about Katie all year round, but this is a special day, a day to celebrate birth mothers. Before mother's day, before we celebrate mothers, we celebrate birth mothers. It's so appropriate because before I was Roman's mother, Katie was his birth mother. She loved him, and she still loves him.
Roman and Katie have a sweet special bond. He has always loved her as well. I think he knows that she is the Angel that watches over him.

I found a book that was the lyrics of a song with pictures. I read it and while I realized the intended meaning, I also loved how it applied to birth mom's.
It's called "An Angel to Watch over Me"
She watched by my cradle through long, sleepless nights
She taught me to pray as she knelt by my side
She guarded my childhood, and all through the years
She echoed my laughter, she counted my tears
In the arms of my mother, I came to believe
That God sent an angel to watch over me
She taught me the meaning of courage and faith
She taught me to live with the Lord as my strength
She taught me to follow the pathway he marked
She guided my steps when the journey grew dark
And I know there were dangers that I could not see
But God sent an angel to watch over me
She taught me to serve with a spirit that sings
She taught me to seek after heavenly things
And because of her love and her kindness and care
Because of the place that I hold in her prayers
And because of her goodness, I still believe
That God sent an angel to watch over me
We think about Katie all year round, but this is a special day, a day to celebrate birth mothers. Before mother's day, before we celebrate mothers, we celebrate birth mothers. It's so appropriate because before I was Roman's mother, Katie was his birth mother. She loved him, and she still loves him.
Roman and Katie have a sweet special bond. He has always loved her as well. I think he knows that she is the Angel that watches over him.

I found a book that was the lyrics of a song with pictures. I read it and while I realized the intended meaning, I also loved how it applied to birth mom's.
It's called "An Angel to Watch over Me"
She watched by my cradle through long, sleepless nights
She taught me to pray as she knelt by my side
She guarded my childhood, and all through the years
She echoed my laughter, she counted my tears
In the arms of my mother, I came to believe
That God sent an angel to watch over me
She taught me the meaning of courage and faith
She taught me to live with the Lord as my strength
She taught me to follow the pathway he marked
She guided my steps when the journey grew dark
And I know there were dangers that I could not see
But God sent an angel to watch over me
She taught me to serve with a spirit that sings
She taught me to seek after heavenly things
And because of her love and her kindness and care
Because of the place that I hold in her prayers
And because of her goodness, I still believe
That God sent an angel to watch over me
Before we were able to teach Roman to pray, Katie prayed for him. She dreamed of what he would look him, and talked to him. Made deals with him (even if those deals were a little shady and involved being extra naughty).
She taught him by the truest example about courage and faith. She taught him what it means to listen to the spirit and to obey.
I know that there is an angel watching over Roman, her name is Katie. She holds a special place in his heart and in his prayers too.
Happy Birth Mother's day Katie! We love you forever! Thank you for being such an amazing example!
0 comments:
Post a Comment