Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

January 17, 2008

Another Blog

For a while I have felt the need to write about my life, especially the infertility that I have dealt with and finally our adoption. I decided it wasn't apropriate to put on Roman's blog because that is meant to be all about him. So I have started this to share my story. I hope that I can maybe inspire one person by it. It has been a long hard road that I thought was broken, but I realized that Heavenly Father had a plan for us. This was the road that we would need to take to lead us to our sweet son. The song Bless the Broken Road by Rascall Flatts has taken on a new meaning for me.

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

1 comments:

RAL said...

wendy I got chills reading this! What a great idea. i love that you are doing this. you certainly deserve hapily ever after and you have it! I'm so happy about that. I'm excited to keep reading up on all these adventures! How fun!