Luckily for us the car passed inspection and Spencer appologized for getting upset. And luckily for me my friend wanted me to get a date specifically Spencer to go to a dance with her again. You see, she wanted me to ask Spencer because she wanted to ask the guy I had taken to the last dance. So a little hesitantly I asked him, and for whatever reason he decided to come.
We became good friends. Spencer didn't want to have a girlfriend. He was getting ready to go on a mission for the LDS church, we were only 18, he had never had a serious girlfriend. There were so many reasons why the time was wrong we were wrong, but it didn't change our feelings for each other. We dated for 8 months until Spencer got his mission call to the Texas McAllen Mission. We broke up a few days later knowing that I was going to date while he was gone there was no use postponing the inevitable. We were only broken up for about 2 weeks and we decided he was going to be here 2 more months, no reason to jump the gun.
We wrote weekly the entire 2 years that he was gone. Spencer attributes the fact that I was still available when he got home to my little sister who made sure to tell anyone that I dated that she wasn't fond of them. (I think the word she used was "hate.") He got home from his mission July 31, 2000. He was released from his mission the next day. We left on a trip with my parents August 3. It was a little scary we had planned a 2 week trip together. One week with my parents, then we hurried home to fly to California to spend a week with his family. What if we couldn't stand each other after all this time? Lucky for us we still liked each other. After spending 2 weeks together we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our life together. We were engaged 2 weeks later.
Looking back I realize what a crazy whirlwind time this was for us, but we just wanted to get going with our life. We were married 3 months later on November 18, 2000. It was perfect. Okay, if you call freezing temperatures perfect, but honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way now. We were so happy and that what made it perfect.
0 comments:
Post a Comment