We are just working on interviews and our homestudy to begin our second adoption. Last week we went in for individual interviews with our caseworker. She asked a few questions that I have really been pondering over the last week. The one that I have spent the most time thinking about is "How has my life changed since becoming a mom?" How has my life NOT changed.
I went to my parents house that morning after our interview to help my sister and before we could leave I had to make sure that Roman had a nap. I realized that was a huge change. My life now revolves around nap time. Nap time is something sacred, not to be messed with. I never understood this before. When it was someone elses child (most especially my nieces) I would always tell my sister just to skip it, just once.
After Roman woke from his nap we went to run a few errands, as we got in the car there were a few obvious things that have changed. 1- we have a bigger car. I drove a Honda Civic until this past March when it was replaced by an SUV. So much more room for so much more stuff. Who knew that someone so small could need so many things that are so big.
2- There are so many things that are required to leave the house. You have the baby, the diaper bag, sippy cup, lovey (in our case this is Bob the giraffe, thankfully we have one that stays in the car), blanket if you are going to be gone over nap time, food, and of course car toys. Car toys are another thing that I never understood before. How is it that a child can have 100 toys at home, but need a whole other set of toys for in the car? You don't mess with the car toys. They are serious lifesavers! Especially when you are stuck in traffic. 3- carseats. I have become a huge fan of carseats, especially great carseats. I find myself admiring carseats in other cars (Is there something wrong with me?) I love to talk to people about carseats, and have given others advice on which carseats to buy.

Like the car toys there are three other sets of toys that again are completely separate and not to be messed with. The diaper bag toys (brought out only on outings when you are out of the car and don't need car toys), the tub toys (only to be used in the tub, or at least to be kept in the bathroom), and the outside toys. Who knew there were so many different kinds of toys you would NEED.


Then it comes to the kitchen. Our kitchen seemed pretty full before Roman was born, we lived in our house for about 6 years before he joined our family. It's funny now, I honestly can't remember what we had where we now keep the bottles, sippy cups, silverware, bowls, heck, we even have different food for him, all with it's own cupboard.

Next is my schedule. I used to be to work at the latest at 7:30 in the morning, my job was 30 minutes away, which meant I had to leave the house at the latest at 7:00, sometimes we were there as early as 6:00, that was hard! Why does it seem so much harder to get up at 6:00 now?
I used to work in the office 2-4 days a week and from home the other days. I am now a stay at home mom, but I don't seem to have anymore time, in fact sometimes it feels like I have less time and my house is messier (oh yeah, I have a few little hands to help with that).
So I know this was just a rambling but as I said I have been thinking about this a lot. . .so to answer the questions "How has my life changed since becoming a mom?" It has completely changed, and I wouldn't change it back for anything!
August 18, 2008
How has my life changed since becoming a mom?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amen! I agree completely!
Wendy, you certainly put everything out there perfectly! Your family is adorable!
cute post wendy!! love that all these changes were done with so much love!
exciting on putting your papers in again! keep us posted!
Found your blog from "scatter sunshine" and I just have to tell you your little boy is adorable. Congrats on that adoption and good luck with your next. We are working on our first and trying to stay positive.
Post a Comment