Do you ever feel like you are supposed to do something and you have to prove that you are doing it and thankfully Heavenly Father helps you get there, but you have to prove that you really want it? That was this weekend for me!
This past weekend we went to surprise Mommy Katie at her Regional FSA Conference. It all just happened, airfare was amazing, rental car amazing, I couldn't overlook all the things falling into place I knew we needed to go. It ended up just me and Roman that went, and I was pretty nervous about it but I guess I should have realized if we were really supposed to be there Heavenly Father would take care of everything.
He took care of things by sending angels to watch over us in the form of other weary travelers. Somehow before we even knew that we were going Heavenly Father did and he had our Relief Society President on our flight to help us get out there. He found a woman with a tender heart who could help us with our luggage. He found a family going on vacation who were willing to help us get to the rental car counter, and another husband/wife to help us get to the rental car. I know there are generous people out there, people who are willing to help, but I also know that it was a miracle that we had so many sweet people who helped us get there.
We finally got to the campus the conference was being held at and there was road construction everywhere, thankfully yet another angel came to our rescue and talked to us on the phone and talked me through every turn so that we could make it!
Why was it so important that we get there? I don't 100% know the answer to that. I think we needed to be there to support Katie, I think I needed to hear her story as much as a lot of the other people. I think we needed to bear witness with our presence of our love for Katie and show others the beauty of open adoptions.
I am just so thankful for the Angels that were among us this weekend! (Including Roman's Angel Mommy Katie!)
August 11, 2008
Weekend Travel
Posted by Wendy at 2:58 PM
Labels: FSA Conference, Surprise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wendy,
I am so glad that you and Roman came to the Arizona conference and I got to meet you. Katie did an amazing job and it was such an inspiration to see all of you together. Thanks for sharing such a great open adoption story with everyone!
-Brianne
Post a Comment