This weekend while we out of town for the FSA conference we stayed with Spencer's step-sister and her family. They have the cutest kids and it was so much fun to see them again! We saw them last summer when Roman was born, but hadn't seen them in over a year. Stephanie and Adam were married for about 8 years and went through all the heartache to begin their family and finally decided to adopt. They didn't wait long and their lives were blessed with a beautiful baby boy with striking blue eyes and a winning smile. Fast forward 5 years and he is a smart amazing little boy with 4 younger siblings (apparently Peter just needed to join the family before the others could come along, he is the best big brother! He was made for the role). He is such a great big brother, and so polite.
We got to their house late Saturday night so all the kids were already gone to bed before we got there. Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church Peter was sitting there playing with Roman as I fed him a banana and I told Peter that Roman was adopted too. It took him a minute and I saw him make the connection and his eyes just lit up. We talked about it for a few minutes and I told him that Roman was born there and we had come so that we could see his birthmom, he was just so excited.
Watching that light just brighten his eyes made my day but after that Peter just had a connection with Roman. He wanted to play with him all the time, he was always bringing him toys and was just his little guardian.
This morning as we were getting ready to come home we had to leave their house around 7:30 to make it to the airport in time. I was trying to hurry and get Roman fed and dressed and everything to the car. I kept asking Roman to finish his bottle and Peter asked "can he finish his bottle in the car so we can play for a few more minutes please?" How could I say no to that?
I hope that Roman can always have this bond with his cousin! They are such super special boys!

1 comments:
When I told Peter there was a picture of him on your blog, he sat at the computer to look at it. A few minutes later, I came in to check on him and he was scrolling down the page intently studying all the pictures. I asked him what he was doing and without looking up he said, "Looking at Roman." He is so in love with this special blog! I am too!
Post a Comment