
Today I had to have my car serviced. It was going to take a few hours so Roman and I rode Trax downtown and had lunch with Spencer then went to the Gateway and spent a few hours shopping. As we were finished shopping I called the dealership and it was going to be a few more hours before the car was done. I was getting pretty tired from walking everywhere pushing a stroller. I decided we would go over to Temple Square for a while, look at the flowers, the fountains, just waste a little more time.
As we got to Temple Square we went over to the fountain and of course Roman wanted to play in the water. As we sat down there I started thinking about the temple, and everything that has happened in our life over the past year and a half. I sat down next to Roman and started talking to him about our adoption, his mommy Katie, how special he is and how special it was when we were sealed to him. Thankfully he isn't old enough to be embarrassed by his mother crying in public (because I totally was). After we were done talking I told him how much I love him and that I was so happy he was part of our family and he said "okay" and let me cuddle him for a few minutes. I hope we can have more conversations like this, lots more!
October 23, 2008
I told him. . .and he took it well
Posted by Wendy at 6:56 PM
Labels: Open Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
what a cute moment, i am sure you will have many many more to come. adorable pictures too!
That is the sweetest thing ever!! I love that! You're such a sweet mom Wendy- I'm so happy for you!
Awww...That is awesome that you talked to him and that he took it so well!! ;-) You are an amazing mother to him!
How sweet!!! You are such a great mom! I saw you & Roman crossing the street to go the Gateway on Thursday. I was heading the Children's Museum with my little guy!!
Lynnette (from BBC)
Thats beautiful. What a special moment that must have been.
Post a Comment