Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

January 26, 2009

Mommy

I am sorry it has been so long since I have posted on this blog. Our lives have been very up in the air and I have been putting so many things on the back burner. This blog too unfortunately.

Last night I had a realization that I had to share here.

Every once in a while something clicks for me. Last night I realized how much I LOVE the word Mommy. For so many years I wanted to hear that simple word, wondered if I ever would. Even whined, cried, screamed it is music to my ears. Okay, maybe not music, but I love hearing him say that sweet word. Last night we had a rough night. Roman wanted to sleep right up against my back, if I moved I heard a sweet "mommy." How can I be mad when he says that?

I never want to take that word for granted. I waited 6 1/2 years to be called Mommy, a nd thankfully I have been given the opportunity to have this sweet angel boy in my life.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I so totally agree with you! It is such a privilege to be called that. It even melts me when I'm frustrated.

Tara said...

Isn't it great? I love it. Bubba can barely get out ma ma, but he will pat my back when he does it. SO cute! I am glad that you are a mommy, and that you can hear that sweet word to your little hearts content.

Katie BQ said...

I'm with you on being very behind as life was up in the air for me for a while.... I'm long overdue for a post to this blog so one will be coming soon.