This year I have let myself get into a little bit of a rut, a pity party of sorts. I am not going to lie, this has been a rough year. Things happen, life doesn't always go as planned, but that doesn't mean that the world is against me.
Last night we drove home from California where we went for a memorial service for Spencer's cousin's husband. The memorial was in the late afternoon so by the time we got on the road to head home it was getting late. Spencer started out driving and I slept then it was my turn to drive.
I drove for about 4 hours in silence while Spencer slept quietly next to me and Roman was asleep in the back seat. The quiet time driving gave me a chance to think. I started out thinking of Spencer's cousin, Liz. She said something that made me so sad for her, she said "Oh sure, I just need to find a new life, the old one was too good anyway." My heart just broke for her. I can't imagine losing my husband at 26 years old, they have a sweet little girl who lost her daddy and really doesn't understand. That was where my thoughts went next was to that sweet little girl, not quite 4 years old who doesn't really understand except that her daddy is gone.
I will admit I started having a bit of a pity party at this point. This year has by no means been a walk in the park for us, but we have had SO many blessing and for some reason I forget about the blessings when I start in on a pity party. How is it that I forget about that miracle running around my house that calls me Mommy (or mama, or occasionally Mommy Wendy)? How is it that I forget about the amazing house that we have, and the friends that we have had that have helped us to fill it with laughter? The friends who have laughed with us and cried with us?
I have decided that I am going to start posting Thankful Thursday posts. Something every Thursday I am thankful for. Heaven knows I could go on forever. I have SO much to be thankful for!
I just need to remember that there are so many good things happening in our life! They far outweigh any bad!
And as a preview, wou know what Roman is thankful for? A garden that is producing CUCUMBERS!
(Gosh I love this boy!! That smile gets me EVERY TIME!!!)
July 27, 2009
Remembering the good
Posted by Wendy at 12:47 PM
Labels: cucumbers, Thankful Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that there were some cucumbers that were ready in your garden. I'm glad that you got that. I like your idea of having a thankful thursday post.
Post a Comment