Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

July 30, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have been thinking a lot about what I wanted to post as my very first Thankful Thursday. I decided that I should start with the person who I am most thankful for. My best friend, the most amazing daddy, my Spencer. He is a funny, passionate, loving person who I don't know what I would ever do without.

I am so thankful for him for so many reasons. As I mentioned he is my best friend. We have now known each other over 12 years. I can talk to him about anything, everything. Some of my favorite nights are the nights that we just lay in bed in the dark talking. Talking about anything, everything. Or on a road trip, or a walk, when we just have the deep long talks. Talks about everything that is on our minds.

He is such a great daddy. Roman runs squealing when he hears the door open when Daddy gets home. He loves that boy more than anything, and Roman loves his daddy just as much. There is nothing better than watching them wrestling on the floor or sitting on the couch watching a movie together.

I am so thankful that Spencer took the time to find a career that he loves. Most people would not love to do what he does, He loves what he does and that is huge. I am so thankful that he took the time to finish school.

I am eternally thankful that he honors his priesthood and that we have a worthy priesthood holder in our home. I am thankful that I am able to spend eternity with him!

Just a few amazing stories about Spencer, just to show you why I am so thankful for him. This first story I don't share very often. When we were first struggling with infertility, fertility treatments, diagnosis it really took a toll on our relationship. Anyone who has ever taken fertility drugs understands, they are such a hormonal hell. When we finally found answers as to why we were unable to get/stay pregnant I was DEVASTATED to say the least. The problems were 100% me which is hard to hear. I told Spencer that if he wanted out I understood, we had been through so much I would have completely understood if he has said goodbye. Instead he showed me what unconditional love was. He told me he hadn't married me for the children we would have, sure he wanted kids but he married me for me. He showed me that our love was eternal that the obstacles thrown at us wouldn't break us.

Spencer has always been good at sweet surprises. One year for Christmas he filled my stocking with a dozen red roses. Christmas morning is always fill of such suspense, but nothing brings a smile to a girls face quicker than flowers, what a perfect way to start Christmas morning!

There are millions of sweet stories I could share about my sweetheart. I am so thankful that I found my best friend, and have had 8 great years with him so far, I can't wait for the next 80 (and eternity for that matter!)!

0 comments: