Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

July 2, 2009

The best part

This week I have been appreciating how lucky I am to be a mom. I LOVE being a mom. Sure it's hard, sure there are things that I don't love, but I wouldn't trade those few things for all the good things.

I love sneaking in at night just to get one last peek.

I love snuggling on the couch in the mornings.

I secretly still love when he wants to sleep in my arms.

I love teaching him new things.

I love listening to him talk.

I love watching him love others. (Most especially his Daddy, his Mommy Katie, his grandparents (boy do they ever LOVE him!!!), his aunts and uncles, and his cousins)


I love playing outside with him.

I love playing inside with him when we can't play outside.

I love when he tells me something that I had no idea that he knew. (For example, yesterday he told me that Grandpa drives a dump truck. Grandpa does indeed drive a dump truck, but how the heck did he know that? Every time he puts his Legos man into the dump truck he now says it's Grandpa.)

I love that he loves me!

I love when he says words wrong (Like Uncle Semen) but he is trying so hard.

I love that he addresses everyone by name.

Most of all, I just plain love him and I love being a mom!

0 comments: