Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

August 24, 2009

The perfect gift



Have you ever received a gift that you have always wanted but never knew. I got just that gift today. A couple weeks ago Katie told me she was working on a surprise, a huge surprise. She kept giving me clues but I had no idea, NO IDEA what it was. I started thinking of things, but this exceeded my wildest dreams.

Katie told me yesterday that it should be here today. I was seriously SO EXCITED when I heard the doorbell ring. I tore open the package and found the most amazing book. Not just any book, a book with all the e-mails that Katie and I sent to each other from the very first e-mail until our sealing.

It is probably one of the most amazing gifts. I spent hours today re-reading e-mails. So many things I had forgotten. I forgot how easy our e-mails were, literally from the very first e-mail. I forgot how much fun we had writing e-mails. I forgot how nervous I was and how amazing Katie was at reassuring us from the very beginning. I also forgot how hard it was when Roman was a newborn. I forgot how many e-mails we had sent. The book is almost 300 pages (I have read over 200 so far) and the last page is my very favorite.

It says:
"This book contains our beginning

But there really is no end, when an eternal family is made.

Let's hope friendships are also eternal. If so we've got many more letters to come . . .

August 15, 2009

Katie"

This was the perfect gift! I honestly love it. It is so special to me now, and I can't wait until Roman is old enough and I hope it is just as special to him. Thank you Katie, you are amazing! It's the perfect gift I never knew I always wanted!

2 comments:

Katie BQ said...

It's interesting the things I noticed going back through all the emails that I might have never realized otherwise.

I really though the majority of the emails would have been before Roman was born, so when I got to that point I expected to be done soon. I was so wrong! Not only were there still a ton of emails to go, but the ones in the few months after Roman was here were actually longer than before! That made me so grateful to realize that I wasn't forgotten or minimized after I relinquished, but in fact the complete opposite. Our relationship only grew.

There are so many details that I had forgotten about and I loved re-discovering them!!

Enjoy it!!! I'm so glad you love it.

Tara said...

That is amazing. This gave me goosebumps reading it. What a very special, precious gift. One that will be cherished in more ways than one. You guys are very lucky.