Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

November 9, 2009

Have you ever been reading a book, any book really, and something just jumps out at you? Not in the context, it just really strikes YOU? That was me tonight. I couldn't sleep. Here it is almost midnight, and I am still up. This is very late for me. I was finishing a book. It was a decent book, I wanted to finish. The last chapter I started to read and about a page into it I had to stop, turn the page back and re-read a section. It was just what I needed tonight. It says:

"Life does not stop or wait even if you do. Pause if you must, but then catch up fast, run with the wind, slide down the hill tumbling headfirst so that you can fall into the hands of now -- today, every day, every minute, every second.

Of course it is also okay to hold on to your grief and ride it as if your own life depended on it through a sea of rough water, waves as high as heaven, through the thunderous barrage of emotions that are the very heart of loss -- any loss -- Love, death, job -- a slice of a segment of your life that made up the whole.

Of course they also agree - the whole damn world needs to have more fun. A hell of a lot more fun."

And with that, it's time to start having a hell of a lot more fun! (Not that we don't already, but the world needs more right?)

0 comments: