One year ago today I received an e-mail that changed our lives forever. I have been very reflective this week thinking about all that has happened this year. How our lives have changed. One year ago today I had no idea that at the same time one year later I would be wrestling with a rambunctious 8 month old. I didn't know that I would be a stay at home mom, and I definitely didn't know that I would be writing all of this. Before Roman was born I was SO reserved, I would even say embarrassed by everything. I never spoke of the problems that we had, I went so far as going along with comments that were made along the lines that we were never having children, because deep down I was afraid that we may not.
If you had told me that I would have a blog where I wrote about all our struggles to start a family I would have laughed. I am still a little uncomfortable putting everything we have gone through out there for anyone to see, but realize that it is because so many people are uncomfortable talking about infertility and miscarriages that I didn't know what to expect.
One year doesn't seem like very long, and an eternity all at the same time.
One year in the grand scheme of things is not very long.
But One year has changed my life for eternity!
March 6, 2008
One year ago today. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary... it is indeed a happy one! I understand completely about putting infertility troubles out there. It sometimes gets brought up at family functions, and first I am uncomfortable saying anything. And then, I remember how I would've wanted to hear some support and advice when I was TTC. So I mention something, and find out about others who went or are going through the same thing.
Oh, and by the by, I realize I know your sis, Brenda. Ha, we dated the same guy, and hung out a lot with the same friends. My maiden name is Pugh... I betcha she'd remember me. Thats random, lol, I know.
I can't believe that was a year ago! Seriously that is so crazy! I remember when you came on and told us that you had been chosen. I'm so happy things have worked out so well for you guys. It only gives me more hope :)
your life will never be the same :) what an amazing year!
Post a Comment