One year ago today I became an expectant mother. I didn't see a positive pregnancy test, I didn't have a doctor congratulate me.
I woke up early, there was really no reason, I just couldn't sleep.
It was 6:00 in the morning and I immediately checked my e-mail.
I did a triple check when it said "You have an e-card from Katie"
I was shaking and hurried to open the card.
Of course it felt like forever that the screen said loading, then this sweet music started to play and I saw little umbrella's as parachutes with gifts attached showering down the screen. Words started to Appear
"Heard you have a bundle of Love on the way!" My heart skipped a beat.
Another screen appeared that said "Congratulations" and told us that we were to be parents.
I read the card at least 10 times before I couldn't contain my joy any longer.
It was a Saturday and I knew that Spencer would sleep until noon if I didn't wake him.
I grabbed the laptop and ran up to our room.
Again shaking I opened the computer, woke him up, and showed him the card.
I said it before but my life has changed so much this year.
Because of a beautiful Mommy Katie, our lives are forever improved!
We love you Katie!
March 31, 2008
Expectant Mother
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is me bawling! I love love love that Katie did that for you guys! What a sweet heart! Once again you guys are such a great example of how i hope for things to go with our adoption process. I know that every situation is different but I just really appreciate the example you have both been to me!
That is so neat. I can't believe it's already been a year. Seems like it was just yesterday!
Thanks for sharing.
This has me BAWLING. BAWLING. Ohhhh I love it.
Post a Comment