Whenever I hear a news teaser about adoption stories I am always interested. I just have to say Thank you to NBC. Today they did a very short story about adoption. I love hearing positive stories about adoption. As soon as I saw this story I immediately went to their website to see if I could find it to post. Not only did they have the story, but also three links about adoption. Thank you NBC for your positive view and for helping families like ours to grow and help explain adoption.
The first link that was posted was for the American Academy of Family Physicians. It answers Frequently asked questions about adoption.
The second link was to the Evan B Donaldson Adoption Institute. This site has some great articles about adoption.
The third link was to the Spence-Chapin Services. This is an adoption agency that does domestic and international adoptions with a great article on open adoptions. It explains it so well!
March 10, 2008
'Open' adoptions good for kids
Posted by Wendy at 6:00 PM
Labels: Adoption, News segment, Open Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wendy,
Thanks for posting that news story. Kudos to NBC. I have always liked them and their local affiliates. Anyway, the part about getting original birth certificates intrigued me most. Dillon was adopted by his aunt and uncle (his parents died by the time he was six) and he can never obtain his original birth certificate, even though it has nothing to do with concealing the bio-mom's identity in his situation. It is really disheartening for him because he is a huge family history buff, and he feels it is so important to have BOTH certificates in order for a person to fully understand their family history, and for others to be able to trace it. Makes sense. I wonder if there's a way he and his siblings can get active about that. I didn't think it was even possible until I saw that story, so thank you for posting it!
Also, your montage totally made me cry. I think the relationship you have with Katie is so beautiful.
Oh, and if you're curious about our blog, I've made it private recently. So if you'd like to read it from time to time (I know Katie has a link to it on her blog), send me an email--jenna.the.anchorwoman@gmail.com--and I'll get you on the "Allow" list.
Post a Comment