Yesterday we were planning to take Roman to Lagoon for his birthday. He is such a little dare devil we knew he would just love it. Even though we didn't make it to Lagoon, we have definitely been on a roller coaster lately.
Almost 2 weeks ago we climbed on the roller coaster called "Adoption #2." Well, we were on it before, but the ride finally started rather than sitting in the car waiting for the ride to start. You know that feeling right as the roller coaster starts to climb, the pit of your stomach, anticipating the turns, climbs, drops, and that final HUGE hill that makes it all worth while? The one where you start to wonder if it was in your best judgment to climb on, but it's too late to get off so it's time to "Keep your hands, feet and all objects inside the ride at all times, hang on and enjoy the ride." That describes the last 2 weeks for us.
On Saturday (June 13) we received an e-mail from another amazing woman. She has been trying to decide for months what would be right for her and for her sweet baby. She didn't have much time left. She was scheduled to be induced on June 25.
We responded to her e-mail Saturday morning and over the course of the past few weeks we have had a chance to get to know her a little. She is amazing and sweet. She has a great heart. She wants to give her baby the world. She is a fabulous mother to two adorable children.
Today we climbed on an airplane. We are going to meet her for the first on Wednesday then Thursday we will be there to welcome sweet baby Tessa to the world.
I can't even express the gratitude we feel, not once, but twice now to be chosen by these amazing women. I love them both so much and can't wait to get to know this new birth mother better. I hope our next post will be to introduce the world to the newest member of our family, miss Tessa McKenzie.
There are some things that could cause some MAJOR bumps on this ride so PLEASE keep us in your prayers. We can use them all.
June 23, 2009
Rollercoasters
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOW!!! That's so neat! I will be praying for you! Hoping for the best! Good luck!
Prayers still coming your way!!
Wendy love...talked to Lacie and mrs. r...they both filled me on what is happening. Please know with all of my heart that it is with you and I am praying EVER so hard that things will go SMOOTHLY! Please take comfort in knowing I am here for you...even though I am not always the best friend, I would do anything for you...in an instant! I can't wait to meet Tessa...hearts will be softened, I pray for it! LOVE YOU!!
Post a Comment