Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

June 20, 2009

The best two years

The last 2 years have been 2 of the best years of my life! I can't believe Roman is 2 years old! Last year I took the time to reflect over our life together here.

This year I have been reflecting on the past 2 years and how blessed we have been.

Two years ago today we climbed on an airplane with an empty car seat, full hearts, and a prayer. When we boarded the plane to come home we were parents. If only it were that simple.



In the time between those two flights our entire life changed. . .we went from a family of 2 (or 3 if you count Brodie) to a family of 3 (or 4 with Brodie, now known as Brew according to Roman).



We went from a family that suffered from infertility, to a family that was blessed by adoption.



I think our hearts doubled, maybe tripled. There is no other way that I can explain how we had so much love to give that sweet baby.

One year ago I thought I was the luckiest mom in the world. Today I know I am.


I can not forget about that special Mommy Katie today either. There are never enough words to express what a special person it takes to be a birth mother. I can't even imagine making the decision that she was faced with. We thank Heavenly Father for her EVERY SINGLE DAY. And we are pretty excited that we get to see her today!!!

0 comments: