When Roman was 5 days old we went to the LDS Family Services offices for official placement. At placement we had a gift for Katie and she in turn had a gift for Roman. Katie gave Roman this special blanket that has a scripture embroidered around the edges. It was so sweet and special. It says "For this child I prayer; and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the Lord; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the Lord. 1 Sam 1:27-28"
Friday Spencer's cousin came over to borrow some baby things for her new little man. We got out all the crates and boxes full of baby clothes, blankets, and gear. We hadn't touched them since we moved because they were labeled "baby stuff." In going through these boxes we found a few things that do NOT belong with baby stuff just to be put away and forgotten. One such thing is Roman's Special Bubba. I took it out along with a few other special things I found. I set them on the chair in Roman's room to put them away. He saw his special bubba and wanted to sleep with it. At first I was a little apprehensive but Spencer said "He isn't going to hurt it, and it will be even more special if it's something that he remembers." So since Friday Roman has been attached to his Special Bubba.
June 9, 2009
Roman's Special Bubba
Posted by Wendy at 8:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So sweet!!!
Post a Comment