Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

September 15, 2009

Stay with me

Lately I find myself humming songs, (sometimes I find myself singing out which is not pretty!) and if I am not humming they are definitely running through my head. Songs I haven't heard in years. I find so much solace in their lyrics. Today as I was cleaning the house I had a song I probably haven't heard it 10+ years running through my head. I had to find the lyrics online and when I found them the song was even better. There were only small parts, snippits running through my head. I love songs, they always say so well the things that you feel, even feelings that you didn't know were there you hear them and you think "How did you know that was exactly what I needed to hear at that exact moment?"


Stay with Me

By - Michael McLean

Every story has an ending
Even when it can’t be told
And every broken heart starts mending
When it finds shelter from the cold.
I’ve heard a window always opens
When the doors have all been closed
And though I know it’s true
I need my light to see me through
And Lord I need you to

Stay with me
Just until my heart recovers
Stay with me
It’s a lonely thing to suffer
Tell my how the heartache I feel now will go away
Someday
Maybe we just might find the answer
that will carry me
like an awkward dancer on a crowded floor
I’ll learn to dance once more
Someday
If you just stay

Isn't that perfect? I think everyone has something they can apply this too. Everyone has had heartache, everyone has had struggles, and we all have times that we need to be carried. I am so thankful there are these amazing lyricists and authors who can express the feelings that we have all felt.

0 comments: