Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

September 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I realized this blog has turned into a Thankful Thursday blog, so I need to start posting other than on Thursdays. This doesn't help today though, because once again it's Thursday.

Last week I was starting to fall into the rut again and starting to wonder what I had to be thankful for. I always want to have something huge and important to be thankful for, but the fact of the matter is that it's the little things that really add up and make all the big things possible.

About a month ago our family started having Family Home Evenings. Family Home Evenings are Monday nights, they are encouraged by our church as a time for families to study the gospel together and to do other activities that strengthen the family spiritually, create family memories, and increase unity and love.

We decided that we wanted to start simple, the first week we went to the park with a pizza and a simple children's book that we have with scripture stories to share with Roman. It was so much fun. I realized what we have been missing out on by not having Family Home Evenings all along. I was worried that Roman was too young, that he wouldn't understand, that I wouldn't know what to do. So many worries but they were all unfounded. So far they have all been simple but what a fun time for us to spend together as a family. I look forward to many years of fun family nights on Monday nights. I love spending time together as a family, and I love the closeness that it brings to our family.

I am so thankful that we are taking the time now to start this so that when Roman gets older it's not something we have to find a time for, it's already there, and it's GREAT!

0 comments: