Today I am so thankful for Professionals. These amazing people who find something they love and make life easier for the rest of us. I for one, would never claim to be good at many things. I know I am not a contractor, I am not a plumber, electrician, framer, roofer, I will dabble in home repairs if they are minor, but I have learned I have limits. I mean I can replace a flapper, even a toilet, but when it comes to a leak, I am useless.
This week I have been overwhelmed by a number of projects that I just didn't know how to handle. The last straw was this morning when the rain is pounding I start to hear a "drip, drip, drip, drip" in my bedroom. I didn't know what to do. I certainly don't know how to fix a roof, I don't even know where to start. (I mean I know you get on the roof, but how do I know where to look for a leak?) My wonderful, sweet husband can help when it comes to numbers. Sprinklers he can do, but roofs are beyond his area of expertise too.
It made me realize, Spencer spent 6 years going to school so that he could do accounting. I had to go to school for 2000 hours to be able to do hair. If you came to me with a hair emergency, that I could handle. If you presented Spencer with a tax problem, he could work with that, so we needed someone who understood exactly what it took to fix a roof.
Thankfully there are some amazingly talented people out there who know about roofs. We found one such person who was willing to come and within minutes he had the drip located and stopped.
I have learned that there are people who have special talents and skills, and everyone has different interests. This is a very good thing. If we all liked the same things, we would all be in trouble. I am so very thankful that there was someone who could help me with my problem today.
September 30, 2009
Thankful Thursday - Professionals
Posted by Wendy at 11:21 AM
Labels: professionals, Thankful Thursday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Wendy! I am with you 100%. We need to have Molly's name changed and I looked up the procedure and was immediately overwhelmed with the legal-ese. Our friend who passed her bar last year looked at it for literally 15 minutes and said "Oh, this is EASY! Time consuming but easy." Now, if only finding a good plumber was this easy...
Post a Comment