Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

November 18, 2008

8 years



Eight years ago today we were married in the Salt Lake Temple. Eight years ago I told my best friend I wanted to be best friends forever and ever and ever. We knelt across the alter looking into eternity. At that moment I knew that I was making the most important decision of my life!

(BTW It was a LOT colder on this day 8 years ago! Think SIXTEEN degrees! Yikes! It was freezing. . .what was I doing wearing a short sleeve dress?)
Seven years ago today we were poor newlyweds "living on love." We were so happy. We were in our first house just 6 months, the house that we would live in for the next 7 1/2 years. The one that all our happy memories would be made in.

Two years ago today we were able to spend the day with Spencer's family as his cousin was married. We were in warm, sunny California.


My brother-in-law and sister-in-law were so sweet. They went over to our hotel while we were out to dinner and put rose petals everywhere and had sparkling cider and strawberries for us.

One year ago today I left my little man with a babysitter for the first time so that I could go on a much needed date with my amazing husband.

Today I am so glad that I married my best friend. The man that I am happy to spend forever and ever with. The first person I want to tell everything to. If there is something happy, exciting, sad, scary, I call him. I love talking to him. I love cuddling up next to him at night. I love everything about this sweet man (even the little things that drive me insane, without them he just wouldn't be him!)

Happy Anniversary Hunny, I love you more today than I did 8 years ago, and I can't imagine how much more I will love you in 8 more years! Thanks for being the best husband, thank you for being the best daddy, and thank you for loving us so much!

2 comments:

ariannet said...

Happy Anniversary Wendy! 8 years is quite the accomplishment!

Stacey said...

Happy Anniversary! You have a beautiful family!