Today I Kissed an Angel

Today I kissed an angel
I knew it from the start
the first time my angel smiled at me
I gave away my heart

today I kissed an angel
this angel child of mine
though not of my creation
my child by God's design

today I kissed an angel
my heart is dancing wild
a family, by a miracle
blessed by this angel child

Author Unknown

November 5, 2008

Good Things Utah

Today I went to the live taping of Good Things Utah to support Families Supporting Adoption but mostly to hear Mrs R and Miss Myra. I have been fortunate enough to present with Myra at a high school representing the Utah Adoption Council. These ladies are my role models. I want to grow up to be just like them. Myra has the strength and the testimony and the passion. Mrs R is the greatest adoption advocate. She will talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere. She makes sure that people know how great adoption is and it is because of people like these 2 that adoption is where it is today. I hope this month helps me to be one step closer to the person I would like to become.


(Point and shoot camera's just don't cut it, I am sure there will be better pictures on other blogs, maybe I'll steal one ;) )

I think back to when we started our first adoption. We didn't want anyone to know. We weren't ready to open our sores up to the world. I wish I had known how much healing can come from helping others. I wish that someone had told me that without opening up I would never see how many people there are out there that feel exactly like I do.

I may never give birth to a baby, but I am a mother. I look at that sweet boy sleeping and there is no doubt in my mind that he is my son. I recently realized just because I am his mother that doesn't make Katie any less his mother. He has the love of two mommies that want the very best for him. They have both spent many sleepless nights worrying about him, and they both love on him as often as possible. Thank heavens for adoptions! These beautiful babies get twice the love!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! I believe that Heavenly Father has a plan for us all...and that plan most certainly pertains to babies who are born into all kinds of circumstances. Through adoption (we are foster and adoptive parents), I have seen the tender mercies of the Lord, for each of us!